Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

A Whole New Life‏! E-mail - April 22, 2013

Wow, I've forgotten what it's like when you're moved to a new area, it seems like your whole life is starting over. Khmelnitsky is about halfway between Kyiv and Lviv and it's a good
size town. The branch here is famous for being one of the smallest in the mission. When our group first got here there were only 11 people coming to Sacrament meeting and 6 of them were missionaries. Now we get a good 20 maybe. The members here are completely insane. Like, mom's clients crazy. But it is so much fun, they are always just a hoot, and something is always going on.

It's weird being in a small branch again where everyone knows you and the life of the branch is dependent on the missionaries. It's also scary being with a younger companion, in a younger district. We were in branch council on Sunday and I realized that really only myself and Elder Callister, he came in with me, understood what was going on 100% of the time. Scary! Also, none of the missionaries here understand a lick of Russian. So the branch members when they don't want them to understand something, start speaking in Russian. I'm going to be very useful here. The branch president has realized though that I understand him. He's a taxi driver and that is how we got to Khmelnitsky. We paid him round trip and he got to go to the temple for 2 days. I got sick on the way and ended up throwing up. The roads here are terrible and there was too much swerving. We've already decided we'll be going back to Kyiv on a train.

Sister Olds is awesome, she's from Arizona/California/Las Vegas and she's much more similar in personality to me than any other companion I've had. She's also relatively new on her mission, I'm her first companion after her trainer, so she's been telling me about all of the changes in pop culture in America. We've been talking non-stop since we got put together.

Everything is going good. Love you all!

PS. Mother's Day skyping...probably Saturday the 11th. Around 12pm your time, but we still need to coordinate the time.

--
Sister Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment