Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Hello! E- Mail November 12, 2012

Hi Everybody!

Well, another week has come and gone here in Ukraine. Sister Chang and I are doing great, and we just found out that we will be together for another transfer here in Borshahivsky. So I will be her last companion. This next transfer will only be 5 weeks, they changed it because the missionaries going home in December would have gone home the day after Christmas so they moved it up a week. The weather is slowly becoming worse and worse. We luckily haven't seen any snow yet, but Sister Chang has been praying for it so most likely we'll see some soon.

So I was on an exchange in center Kyiv this week. It is such a pretty area. A lot of hills, but it's definitely the most European-looking area in Kyiv. I've been starting to think about places I want to take you all to when you come in May.

Missionary work here continues to grow. We are finding new families every week. Sister Chang's dream is to baptize a whole family together, because that's how her family was baptized so we're working on it.

I heard about the election. I was really bummed. But then we got to go to Center's English group. They have the funniest people that come to their group. They spent the first 15 minutes arguing about the election in America, which was already over at that point. Then one of them said, well Romney will win next time right, I like him! They also have a lady who is determined that British English and American English are two completely different languages. She always says. I don't speak American, I speak English!

A quick side note for mom. There is a senior couple here, the Welty's they are the CES couple so they work with the institute here. But he was born in Huron, SD. I don't know how close that is to Lemmon, but he knew where Lemmon was.

Have a great week!!

--
Sister Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment