Pages

Thursday, November 29, 2012

A black cat named Obama‏. E-mail November 19, 2012

Hello Family,

Well, here I am a whole year into my mission, it feels really weird to celebrate Thanksgiving on my mission twice! I sent a happy birthday to john via email, hopefully you got it. Life here in Kyiv is pretty much the same, always getting colder.

I love having Sister Chang as a companion. She has a way of pushing me to do exactly what I need to do to be better. For example, we're planning a Christmas party for our wards. It's a nightmare, who knew all of this work had to go into it. I can't decide whether or not it would be any easier if I could talk to people in English. Our ward party is going to be on your birthday, Mom. I think I tried to plan it that way as a sort of proxy Christmas present subconsciously.

Something really interesting to me is that I will be Sister Chang's last companion on her mission. It's always fun to see President interact with the departing missionaries. On Sunday at church he asked her if she wanted to extend. But then withdrew the offer saying that she needed to go and find her "Prince Charming" the funniest thing is Sister Klebingat's reaction "don't worry about it...he doesn't exist". HILARIOUS!

So a quick funny story that has to do with the title of the email. Last Monday we met a family and started teaching them, they were a referral from one of our members. We went in and met the family and their really cute black kitten. They had named it Barack Obama, then after finding out it was a girl called it Michelle Obama. So basically, this little kitten who is always running around making a mess is always being yelled at by the family members. So whenever you pass their door you're likely to hear someone scream "OBAMA, NO". With a really thick Ukrainian accent. I love serving here. Ukraine is awesome.

--
Sister Daniel


No comments:

Post a Comment