Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Fall in Ukraine! E-mail - September 24, 2012

Hello Family!!

Well the weather has caught up with us and it is officially fall. The temperature here has been floating between 10 and 20 degrees Celsius. I don't really know what that is in Fahrenheit, I just know that at 20 and below you need to wear at least a light jacket and around 15 you start wearing tights and boots. Ukraine is an interesting place when the weather changes. The grandmas tell you what you're supposed to be wearing and if you don't have the appropriate attire you will be told.

So this week I spent 2.5 days in Voskresensky. The Northeastern corner of Kyiv. It was really fun to see a different area, meet other members and spend time with a different sister. Sister Chang is from Taiwan, she is totally awesome! This was my second exchange with her and it was just a lot of fun. I'm going to send you a picture of us doing the "GET BAPTIZED" wave! She helped me prepare to surprise Sister Moore on her birthday which was this last Friday. It was really cool to be able to spend our birthdays with each other, it was like being able to say thank you for when we celebrated my birthday.

So we went to see a less active on Sister Moore's birthday...they gave her a stuffed pig that says "я люблю тебя" (I love you in Russian) when you squeeze it. Saturday we went to a baptism, it was fun, the other sisters were late so we had to set up. It's all okay, until your mission president shows up! He has a habit of showing up to everything in our area, probably because he lives here, but it's just extra stress that I could do without. On Sunday we went to church and then went to see one of our really great families in the ward.

Oh...almost forgot the "I'm a Mormon" campaign came to our mission and were taping some of our members for the website, well they came to our ward on Sunday and filmed everything. Apparently it's for church training or something, but if you see random pictures someday with me in them it was in Ukraine.

So people here are kind of obsessed with us getting married after our missions. The sisters especially when I left Bila Tserkva all of the grandmas blessed me with a cute husband and good kids, and I learned another secret from the member we went to see last night. She says it really doesn't matter what you look like or how much make-up you wear, the most important thing to a man is the smell coming from the kitchen! She then went on for a half an hour about how if we wanted a husband we need to learn to cook well. It was hilarious.

Speaking of Bila Tserkva, I had the great joy of seeing Pasha and Marina at the temple on Saturday just after they had been sealed!

I love this work!

Love you all,

Sister Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment