Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

Life in Bila Tserkva‏ E-mail - April 30, 2012

Hello Family,

Wow this has been a week. It's totally bizarre to be a senior companion. I don't really feel like one for the most part because Sister Ebeling is a superstar with her Ukrainian so she's taking the lead in contacting a lot. Apparently I know more Russian though. It's really funny, her first district was all Ukrainian speaking missionaries, but here all of the elders are Russian speaking. She gets this funny look on her face when she tries to understand what they say. This week has been a lesson on relying on the Lord. More like a crash coarse really. We ended up having a crazy insane week with 9 new investigators! We were just constantly meeting with people.

So in my personal study I've been starting to read the Book of Mormon all the way through. Right now I'm in 2 Nephi tomorrow I'm reading chapter 4 just in case you wanted to study together. I'm also reading Jesus the Christ. I've been working on it since the MTC and am proud to say that I'm almost done. I love it, it is such an addicting book. The only problem is that my head wants to explode after I read it. I've really gained a new view on who Christ was and is through it. What kind of teacher and man. It's been really interesting for me.

This week nothing extremely crazy happened. No creepy guys trying to kiss me. We didn't hear anything about the terrorist attacks here. Things have actually been really mellow in Bila. Well, things are always mellow in Bila. Bila Tserkva is more of a rural city. We're about an hour out of Kyiv. We go into the city at least twice a month. Bila is named for the white church in the city. I need to take a good picture of it. It is also surrounded by farmland and small villages. It actually looks a lot like South Dakota out in the country part. It is really hot here, and has been for a couple of days. Like in the 80s and humid. I plan to get really tan. It's also very green here. Trees everywhere.

Things with Sister Ebeling and I are going great! We're working really hard and trying to talk to everyone. We had an interesting experience with one investigator. We are encouraged to pray with people on the street when we contact them so we did with this girl named Ina. When I had finished praying we looked up and she was crying. We met with her later in the week and taught the first lesson. She told us that she knew it was true but she wasn't ready to hear any more information, be baptized, or even meet with us. It was depressing but built my confidence in knowing that people are feeling the spirit when we talk with them. Then we have another investigator. Her name is Angela and she's really good friends with one of our branch presidents. She is very open and I think very close to baptism. It's actually kind of bizarre how fast it is going with her.

Well, that's all my time today. I love you all so much. I'm doing good. I'm trying to send mail out but we never have enough time on our p-days. I'll keep trying but I haven't sent anything yet. Love you!!

Sister Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment