Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Another Transfer Come and Gone‏ May 28, 2012

Hello Family,

Well, as you might have read, we are just finishing our second transfer here in Ukraine and Sister Ebeling and I will continue together for at least another transfer, here in Bila Tserkva. We also ended it on a high note! Our investigator, Angela, got baptized! She's 19 and we've been teaching her all this transfer, she's totally awesome and it has been so fun to see her progress in the gospel. She says her favorite part of her day is reading her scriptures, she's in Mosiah right now. She also yesterday expressed a desire to serve a mission!!!

We were also a little heartbroken. As you know we went to Kmelnitsky a couple of weeks ago to do Sister Ebeling's registration, while we were there she got to teach an investigator she had worked with when she served there. They set a baptismal date and it was supposed to be yesterday. Anyway, they had everything ready and waiting for her baptism, and she never showed up. Sister Stiles was so sad, and we felt so bad for her. How absolutely heartbreaking to work so hard on preparing someone for baptism and then to be stood up.

Life in Bila Tserkva is wonderful. The pollen count here is ridiculously high, which means my allergies are in full swing. The sun rises at 4am here, which is really fun because our apartment is East facing. We run now every morning starting at 6am, and I'm actually running to the park and back! I think we're planning on doing some shopping today for p-day. The district is changing this week. Next transfer, our district leader will still be here, with a new trainee. But then it's just his companionship and ours. They call it a dating district and President had to get permission from the Area Presidency to even let it happen. Elder Newsome goes home tomorrow, crazy! And his companion, Elder Newton is becoming one of our new zone leaders.

This week was hard, just before good things come the trials, just Satan trying to get under my skin. I'm having trouble over thinking with the language and it's limiting my ability to speak with people. But I got a blessing from one of the elders and I feel much better. One thing I've really learned so far on my mission is just the importance of relying on the Lord 100% and learning to pray for everything. Overall, I think I will be a very different person when I come home.

Love you!!!

Sister Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment