Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Still Slippery! E-mail January 28, 2013

Hello all!

Well another very cold week in Ukraine, but I finally bought new boots. No more super slippery, my feet are wet, my toesies are falling off! I now have very warm feet. And my toes are very happy, but the funny thing is no matter how much traction your boots have, unless you have Ukrainian genes, you're going down! I guess the fact my ancestors lived in Ukraine isn't enough to give me the anti-slip gene. The first hour that I had my new boots I fell flat on my butt. More than the pain to my tail bone was the anger that not all of my slipperyness was solved.

So this week we decided to go through with our finding ideas, all went well and I've learned to bake from scratch! I know mom probably just fell out of her chair. We've been making banana bread and brownies like crazy, the only problem is that sometimes we end up eating just as much as we give away! It's interfering with my plans to be thinner when I get home. I would make Sister Ebeling eat them all so there was no temptation but she's trying to lose weight too. Really I'm too nice.

So I read the scripture assigned by Zach (Moses 6:31-34), and yes we read it in companionship study. I liked it. Especially the part when Enoch says that he's slow of speech, that's how we feel everyday. Everything's good here still finding teaching and baptizing.

We'll get transfer calls this week so I'll find out soon what my fate is. It's so weird that Sisters Smith and Dally are going home this transfer. They're the next Ukrainian group up. Which means that we'll be the senior Ukrainian sisters and not very long until it's our adventure home. I really enjoyed Sister Chang's.

Hope everything is good for you! LOVE YOU MUCH!

--
Sister Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment